Monday, November 26, 2018

Monday Motivation - Be Grateful


Most of us spent this past week and weekend being purposefully thankful. After all, that's what Thanksgiving is all about, right? 

Well, Thanksgiving is over. Now what? 

Christmas has become the season of gift giving and, with that, the season of "I want."  With "I want" comes "I don't have" and THAT is not cool. Whether you are reminded of the age of your comforter, or the lack of extra dollars in your bank account, the thought "I don't have" can lead us down a dangerous path. This path can take us to VERY dangerous places, like comparing our family to someone else's, or our neighbor's marriage to our own. Any of these comparisons can leave us feeling less than jolly. 

How do we fight the tendency to focus on what we don't have?


BE GRATEFUL!


Might I suggest a gratitude notebook? This may seem childish, but the exercise of listing the things I am thankful for on a regular basis seriously keeps the feelings of "lack" away. When I am focusing on what I HAVE, there is little time left to focus on what I don't.

Going into the Christmas season with all the sales and commercials screaming at you, keep that Thanksgiving attitude and practice GRATITUDE.

I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds. Psalm 9:1


You'll be glad you did!



Have a great week!!!!
K


No comments: