Friday, December 31, 2021

Thanksgiving 2021

 November 25,2021

Today was a good day.

Todd's Sunday School class decided to prepare Thanksgiving lunch for anyone in the community who didn't have the funds to prepare the meal themselves or who didn't have anyone to share the meal with.

They prepared Turkey, Ham, Dressing, Cranberry Sauce, English Peas, Green Beans, Mashed Potatoes, Corn on the cobb, and salad. I prepared the desserts. US Foods donated 6 cheese cakes, so my job was pretty easy. I haven't made pies until now, so I decided this was a good time to try it out. I made cherry, apple, and pumpkin pies and 2 banana puddings. 

We served all sorts of people. The Firefighters and Police Officers on duty came and ate with us. Several moms came with their daughters. (I can't imagine trying to make Thanksgiving dinner when it's just you and a child) I dont know how many we fed, but it was enough.

It felt GOOD. Everything about today felt good. It felt good to be serving alongside my friends. It felt good to bake pies. It was a good day. 

Tonight we went to Brian and Tayler's. I made Chicken noodle soup. Brian asked for "Taco Bake" so I made that too. Took both to their house for us to eat for supper. Tayler made a lemon icebox cake that was WONDERFUL. Titus was adorable as always. It was a good day.

It's been  a good day. I feel good. My heart is full.

Here are some pics

Happy Thanksgiving!

K












No comments: