Friday, December 31, 2021

Birthday #49

November 24, 2021

Today was such a good day. 

Izzy took time out of her day to have lunch with me. Brian and Titus face-timed me to wish me a happy birthday. Calvin heard me when I told him how much I loved my  red skillet (I recently had to throw it away) and got me a new one. Izzy got me a super soft robe. Even my coworkers made me feel special. Jesse got cookies and Anna gave me a candle and a Bag of Reeses cups and a sprite. Raymond and Gage and even Lori wished me a happy birthday.Lily gave me flowers and mom sent me flowers.

Mom texted me and said that Nan sent her one rose every year on her birthday until she died - said she never missed a year. So mom sent me flowers yesterday with one rose in the bouquet and a card that read "Some traditions are worth keeping." I cried of course. 

Tayler had a tough day yesterday - Titus got his shots- she still sent me a happy birthday message. 

Kathy and Pops even wished me a happy birthday on their own - which neither ever do. 

Daddy put a pic of us and a "Happy Birthday Punkin" on FB.

My favorite thing about Face Book is all the birthday messages I get every year. People from every stage and section of my life take time to say "Happy Birthday" and it makes me so happy to be reminded of SO many people and memories that span most of my lifetime!

The very best part of my day was Izzy coming to my room and laying on the bed and chatting with me tonight. I miss "little Izzy" who always wanted snuggles. I miss her constant request to "Snuggle me mama." It makes me happy that she wants to spend time with me again. I love the woman she is growing into, but I do miss my baby girl too. She is amazing and I'm thankful she is mine.

My heart is full.

It is nice to be remembered. It is nice to be thought of. It is easy to get all in my head and forget that there are people who love me.

I want to live the rest of my life so that people smile when they think of me. I want to leave people fuller than when I found them. I want their lives to be better because they knew me. I want to serve people - that's what makes me happy.... making other people happy, easing their burdens...yep - that makes me happy. So there's a step in the right direction. 

Yeah - today was a really good day.

Happy Birthday to me-

K

No comments: