Friday, November 2, 2018

Get Fit Friday - 100 Day Challenge - Week 11


23 Days to go!!!!

It's hard to believe that almost 100 days have come and gone. Time really does fly.


If you've been following along on my 100 day challenge, you will know that one of the challenges has to do with throwing stuff away. This week I threw away something that has been a heavy burden for years. I didn't realize it took up so much space in my heart until... this week actually.

Years ago, some friends and I started a ladies ministry blog. We called it "For Ladies Only" and i called it "FLO" for short. For years, we faithfully posted encouraging and challenging material on both the blog and it's Facebook. That span of time has a precious place in my heart.

The ladies and I parted ways, but I held onto the Ladies Ministry blog and FB... until this week. In asking myself "What do I want?" I realized that I don't want it anymore.  It burdens me. It looms over me with some sort of "you should do something" message attached to it. I felt that I owed it to ... whomever... to pick it back up one day. I felt that I owed it to the friends I worked with all those years ago to hold onto it. I realized this week that it serves no purpose, sitting out there with no new material. I realized that I was holding on to it because I was afraid to let it go. In my mind, letting go of "For Ladies Only" meant that I was a failure.

This week I realized that "For Ladies Only" served a purpose years ago, but not now. 

So, this week I deleted "For Ladies Only" and "threw away" hundreds of blog posts and FB posts.  I can't really describe what it feels like to say good bye to something that I was once so passionate about. It is a bit sad, and a bit freeing.... sort of like saying good bye to that friend you've long since out grown... accepting the inevitable... acknowledging what has gone unsaid for too long... "it's just not the same." Part of what made "For Ladies Only" so special to me was the women who shared it with me. Without their input, it just doesn't work.

Sometimes we hold onto things "Just because." I think that maybe those things hold us back, that we cling to them so tightly that we cannot accept any new thing. To everything there is a season and all seasons end. That's not always a bad thing.

Much love
K


No comments: