Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Wednesday's Weekly Recipe

Okay so I am not even gonna TRY to compete with your secret family recipe for Dressing or whatever.

Instead, I want to share some of my favorite "finger foods." I suppose they could be considered a "snack" or "appetizer" or even "hors d'Ĺ“uvre."

Whatever you want to call them... it saves me much stress and anxiety to have these on hand.

Crackers with Pepper Jelly and Cream cheese.
    This is absolutely as easy as it sounds. Pop a block of cream cheese on a plate, pour pepper jelly over it ( I like Captain Rodney's) and serve with crackers. IF you have time, microwave the cream cheese for about 15 seconds before pouring the jelly over it.


"Break and Bake" Cookies
      These are in the dairy section of the grocery store.  I keep some version of these in my fridge almost all the time. No, they are not home made... but they are fast and easy and... Is anyone really going to turn down warm cookies? I mean seriously. Sure I like to make beautiful home made shortbread cookies with fabulous icing details... but I do NOT always have time for all that. No one have ever complained - LOL!


Cream Cheese and Jalapeno Crescent Poppers
    This is a good one if you have a minute to prepare. Mix a softened block of cream cheese with diced jalapenos (add as much or as little as you like). Unroll a can of crescent rolls on parchment paper or something else that doesn't stick. (I like to pinch the seams together, but that's just me) Spread the cream cheese mixture over the crescent rolls. Starting with the long side (you should have a rectangle), roll into a "log". Refrigerate for about 30 min. (you can do this ahead of time and leave in the fridge a few days). Remove from fridge, cut in 3/4 inch sections. (if you start by cutting it in half, then those halves in half then those in half, you end up with nice, even "poppers". Place flat on a greased cookie sheet and bake until golden.  I hope that makes sense.
This is what they look like:

Oh! You can use the premixed jalapeno cream cheese spread if you want... I don't think it tastes as good tho.

So there ya go. Cream Cheese, Crescent Rolls, Break and bake cookie dough, and pepper jelly. That's all you need to have on hand to insure you are never caught empty handed this holiday season... or any other time for that matter.


Enjoy!
K

No comments: