Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Wednesday's Weekly Recipe: Poppy Seed Chicken


I am in need of come comfort food. There. I said it. This has been a tremendously stressful week and to be honest, given the chance, I could most likely eat an entire pan of  Poppy Seed Chicken  all on my own. Yes, I know it won't help fix the transmission in my vehicle. Yes, I fully understand that I will regret eating 6 servings of... anything....either sooner (when I vomit), or later (when the scale reminds me that I cannot eat this way). Never the less, when anxiety has my chest in a vice, this is the sort of thing I want... not because I think it will fix anything.. but because... well, "comfort food."

I'm NOT going to eat this tonight, but am sharing anyway... mmm I can almost taste it.





Ingredients
3 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 (16-oz.) container sour cream
3 teaspoons poppy seeds
31 round buttery crackers, crushed
1/4 cup butter, melted


How to Make It
Step 1
Combine first 4 ingredients. Spoon mixture into lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish.

Step 2
Stir together cracker crumbs and melted butter; sprinkle evenly over casserole.

Step 3
Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.



Enjoy!
 K

No comments: