Friday, August 3, 2018

Get Fit Friday- 100 Day Challenge


Often times I feel as though I am going in circles. There are things that I want. I talk about them. I even write about them.

Then I get distracted.

Later, I remember what I want. (often forgetting that I even wanted it before)

I talk about it. I even write about it.

Then I get distracted...

Maybe you find yourself in this pattern too. (I think it's called repetitive compulsion.)

I am worn out with not accomplishing anything. It is self defeating and emotionally exhausting. I want to break this pattern. I want to make changes, not just discuss them. Yesterday's "Thoughts" were about how Satan had me in bondage two ways. First, he had me believing I was responsible for others' actions (is that pride?) and secondly, being focused on what I couldn't change, he had me blinded to the things about me that I CAN Change. This naturally lead to the question... "So, What can I change... and WHY haven't I changed it?"

In the process of, well, processing this, I came across the following idea:
When you are interested, you do what is easy and convenient.
When you are committed, you do what ever it takes.

I also read another little something that really got my attention...
it can take 100 days to make a permanent change.




Am I willing to give a bit of effort for 100 days to remove the destructive patterns in my life in order to have something better?"

Ironically,  I will turn 46 in just over 100 days.

Seems like a natural place to put a plan into action, don't you think?

Between today and next Friday, I am going to take time to seriously decide what I want my life to look like. I'm going to prayerfully consider changes I need to make.  I'm going to commit to whatever it is for 100 days, with day 1 being August 17.


Big hugs!
K

No comments: