Sunday, July 29, 2018

Sunday Scripture - John 14:27


Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27


What does this mean to you?
I meditated on this for several days last week during my quiet times. 

Know what stuck out to me?

"I do not give to you as the world gives."

How many times do we look for God to bless us in "worldly" ways? Financial security, good grades, affirming relationships, good health, career we enjoy and that pays well... all these things are "worldly" blessings. They bless us now... while we are on this side of Heaven.

So If God does not give to us as the world gives, what then does He give? 

He gives us HIS peace. The peace that passes all understanding. Peace when we lose the job. Peace when the test results are not what we wanted. Peace when we lose some one we love. Peace when there is more month than money. Peace when we KNOW we "should be" freaking out.

So often I ask for things that will bless me now. I am trying to focus on LOOKING FOR the ways GOD gives... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self control are the gifts we are given when we become Christ Followers. I am looking for these to grow in my life. 

I'd love to know your thoughts!
K

No comments: