Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Wednesday's Weekly Recipe: Strawberry Spinach Salad




Oh goodness this salad makes me HAPPY!

I originally got this recipe (below) from Add A Pinch.

I've made all sorts of variations of it. I've added peaches (my favorite), grapes, black berries, or watermelon and/or cantaloupe. I've added sunflower seeds and substituted walnuts...and have made it without nuts altogether. Like last week's recipe, you can add to and take away from this recipe...
whatever makes you happy.

Ingredients
2 teaspoons poppy seeds
3 tablespoons sugar
 1/4 cup olive oil
 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
 9 ounces fresh baby spinach
 1 quart fresh strawberries cleaned, hulled and cut in half
1/2 cup toasted pecans
1/4 medium red onion thinly sliced (optional)


Directions

1. Add the poppy seeds, sugar, olive oil, and vinegar to a mason jar. Secure the lid and shake well to combine. Refrigerate an hour to up to 7 days.

2. Combine the spinach, strawberries, pecans, and red onion slices (if using) in a large salad bowl or on a platter. Pour the dressing over salad, and lightly toss. Refrigerate about 10 minutes before serving.

No comments: