Monday, July 2, 2018

Monday Motivation


When was it?

The older we get, the easier it is to get in a "rut" of doing the same things over and over. I don't like ruts. I need something to be excited about. New things excite me. I like moving in a forward direction. Can't do that in a rut. I like to use my Bucket list to jump start me when I realize I'm feeling stuck in a rut.

What can you mark off your bucket list?
No bucket list? Are you kidding me?
MAKE ONE!

Okay, that's a bit harsh. I do like my list though. I add to it at least annually. I subtract from it sometimes too. Somethings just lose their appeal as I get older. Other things become a bit unrealistic as I age. Even so, it is an interesting practice to go back over my list from time to time. Sometimes it reminds me of what's important to me and what my long term goals are. Other times I am left wondering "What in the WORLD was I thinking???"

Interesting little something... this year I removed more things from my list than I ever have. I think that perhaps, after being forced to choose whether I wanted to embrace life or not, I am living with a bit more purpose. Things like "New Years Even in Times Square" have been removed or replaced, while writing a book and go back to college have moved to more prominent places in the list.


What am I doing for the first time right now?

- Last week I completed a baby blanket after learning a new crochet stitch.

- I started a compost pile this weekend.

- I tore up a half-filled flower bed. This is much more important than it reads. I have a difficult time  changing my thoughts on things. Once I have in my head how something "should" be, it is almost impossible for me to change my mind about it. I had a plan for this flower bed. It has not worked out like I wanted. I've had much guilt over this project not turning out like I wanted. So, I forced myself to give up my original plan. Now, instead of a huge half thought out flower bed, I have 3 separate, well put together points of interest in the back of my yard.  Oh! and I used the landscape timbers to set boundaries for my compost pile.
 
-Finally, I'm building up to doing 25 push ups. Real push ups. The struggle on that one is real. So very real.


What projects are you working on?


Have a great week!
K

No comments: