Sunday, July 22, 2018

Sunday Scripture: Psalm 139: 1-6

Psalm 139

You have searched me, Lord,
    and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
    you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
    you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue
    you, Lord, know it completely.
You hem me in behind and before,
    and you lay your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.


How wonderful to know that the Creator of all the Universe KNOWS me. In times when I have felt horribly misunderstood, I have been comforted by the faith that God knows me. He knows my intentions. He knows what I'm gonna say before I say it. He knows my thoughts. He knows everything I do and is FAMILIAR with my ways. 

He KNOWS me. 

There have been times when this scared me. Sometimes it still does. I mean seriously, there are things about me that I don't want ANYONE to know, let alone GOD! 

As I have grown in my relationship with Him, even this brings me great peace. God DOES know me. He knows the good, bad and ugly. He knows my kind thoughts and my mean ones. He knows the things I do in public and private. He knows me better than anyone else...

And He LOVES me more completely and totally than anyone else ever could. 

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.

No comments: