Friday, April 13, 2018

Get Fit Friday - What's Working / What's Changing

If there is one thing I can count on, it is that things are gonna change. For now, this is very good.

I mentioned before that "Get Fit Friday" is about more than just exercise and eating right. There are many areas of me that need to be shaped up!

I've been making some changes.


What's Working:

I realized that it really doesn't matter what kind of mood I'm in when I choose my clothes. I mean seriously, I have spent 30 minutes trying on one outfit after another some mornings. Years ago, I planned my week's wardrobe on the weekend and just put on whatever I'd set out for each day with no thought at all. There's no looking for jewelry or shoes in the mornings. Everything is together and ready to wear. I have started this again and it is WONDERFUL! Saves time, keeps me from being frustrated, and, IF I'm in a bad mood, my clothes don't reflect that!

I'm doing this 30 day challenge thing where you throw away items according to what day of the month it is. On the 1st, you throw away one item, on the second day, 2 items, on the third day, 3...you get the idea. So far this month I have tossed 78 items! It is very freeing.

I'm using my calendar/planner and making lists and it is really helping free up some thought space. Again...no wasted time trying to remember if I need to do something. Helps keep me on task and makes me feel good to SEE what I've accomplished each day.

Got all my hair cut off and it is awesome. Not saying that I am going to keep it this short (I'm sure I won't), but it is a very nice change and I enjoy fixing it each day. 

What's Changing:

Not eating unless I'm hungry isn't working. I'm always hungry. Going to go back to IF on Monday and really focus on staying within my eating window. IF works. I just have to make my mind up to be faithful to it.

Gym hasn't been working for a long time. I don't enjoy the Courthouse...I do not like working out with the body builders. I do not enjoy Focus Fit....SOOOOOOOOOOOO many people...It's not worth the anxiety it gives me. SO, the hubs met me at Planet Fitness and we took a tour and got the whole spill about their philosophy and we joined there. So far, I LOVE it. Looking forward to the benefits now.

I am gradually owning the whole idea of not being responsible for others' happiness and am consistently looking for ways to find value in myself rather than looking to others to value me. I am gradually believing more and more that my worth is not relational...it does not change based on who I'm around (no matter how they may want to remind me that they are "better" than I am). I'm trying t embrace the idea that my worth and value are not determined by others' words or actions.


I've accepted a challenge to do 5 (real) pushups by August 1. To think that these spaghetti arms could do 5 big boy push ups is laughable. I cant do one girl push up today. BUT I am not one to turn down a challenge. I may post my success video on here... just because I can. LOL




That's it.
K




No comments: