Thursday, February 15, 2018

Thursday's Thoughts on...Love


God's Word says that the world will know we are His by our love for each other. 

Just the other day Mom and I were talking about my Nan. Nan loved everyone. She might say you should not have tattoos, that your pink hair is silly, or that your language is offensive, but she loved you. There was never a question about whether or not she loved people.  

She showed us she loved us by always wanting the BEST for us...and she believed that the best for us was less sin and more Jesus. She showed us that she loved us by not telling us what we wanted to hear, but what we NEEDED to hear. When she saw us falling, she called out to God on our behalf. 

I know this because I lived with her for a while. During that time I fell into sin that I won't go into here. When she confronted me, she told me she loved me, but that I needed to go live with either my mom or my dad, but I could not stay there with her and continue to live as I was. She then went to her room and sobbed and cried out to God on my behalf for hours. HOURS. She wailed. She cried. She prayed Scripture. She begged God to save me. 

Because she LOVED me.

I wish she could see me now. I think she would be pleased to know that God answered those late night prayers lifted up on my behalf.

I am so thankful to her for loving me. She loved me (and so many others) fiercely, fully, and faithfully. 

Scripture describes love in 1Corinthians 13:4-8. It is my prayer that one day this will describe me; that those who know me will be able to substitute "Kris" and "she" for "Love" and "it" in the following verses:

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
 Love never fails.

Much love and big hugs
K





No comments: