Sunday, December 31, 2017

Resolutions for 2018




Well folks, this is it! I am saying GOOD BYE to 2017 and hello to all the possibilities 2018 holds. Safe to say that 2017 was NOT my best year when ya look at it on the surface, but, as with most difficult times, 2017 grew me. I am not the same woman I was this time last year, and I have no reason to doubt that 2017 prepared me for what lies ahead. 

I am more emotionally stable than I have been in many years. I have a more realistic view of myself and the people in my life, not to mention that I have a healthier attitude about what my role is in this world (it's not to save it, in case you were wondering).

My goal for 2018 is simply to get a grip. Chaos gives me anxiety and stresses me out. Even so, MANY areas of my life are still completely chaotic. My resolutions center around my desire to live my life purposefully rather than going through each day managing crises or trying to "catch up." 

2018 will be my year to get it together, figure out what works (I am well aware of what doesn't), and set the stage to move forward. I'll be focusing on being productive in the ways God has blessed me instead of  allowing all the ways I am failing as a mom, wife, friend, daughter, sister, etc. to steal my joy. 

I am going to focus on making my outside match my inside, something that is LONG overdue. I'm going to use my bucket list to help accomplish this. I have had fitness goals on there for years. This year I plan to reach those goals.

I have often noticed that my car and house are a direct reflection of how I feel inside. My finances can also be put in this pile of stuff. Currently, it is all a utter mess...a pretty good reflection on what I've been the past several years.  As I continue to neaten, clean up, tidy up, and redecorate "Kristyanna" in an effort to become the woman I believe God intended me to be, I am going to  do the same to the things God has entrusted me with so that they reflect the positive changes going on in me.

All that being said....



In 2018 I resolve to:

  1. Follow the Bible Reading plan to read through the Bible in a year
  2. Plan  menus and Make a grocery list each week 
  3. Go shopping ONCE a week; buy only what is on the list 
  4. Drink 80 oz water every day 
  5. Pay off my credit cards
  6. Mark 25 things off the bucket list 
  7. Use my calendar
  8. Blog once a week for 52 consecutive weeks
  9. Have Christmas gift buying done by October 31
  10. Unplug (including texting, email, games and TV) one day per week for 52 consecutive weeks
  11. Do something social with girlfriends once a month 



What are your resolutions?

Share in the comments!


Much love and big hugs!
K

No comments: