Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Wednesday's Weekly Recipe - Bread Pudding

This recipe comes from my good friend and co-worker Shellie Slay. I made it this weekend and it is OH! So GOOD!!!!!!


Bread Pudding

Pudding ingredients:

8 slices of White Bread
1 (12 oz) can Evaporated Milk
4 Eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1 stick butter, melted

Tear bread into pieces and place in a 2 quart baking dish.
Mix milk, eggs, sugar, and butter.
Pour over bread and bake at 350 degrees for 45 min

Sauce Ingredients:

1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp flour
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 stick butter
1 (5 oz) can evaporated milk

Mix all the sauce ingredients together and cook until thick (either stove top or microwave) - stir constantly.
Pour over top of cooked pudding


Side note: I added cinnamon to my pudding and cream cheese to my sauce. Other recipes call for diced apples and cinnamon. Still others call for pecans.

No comments: