Thursday, September 28, 2017

July 19, 2017 - Suicide is NOT the answer


There is nothing good about suicide. It is terrible. 

I'd gotten a bit sick after lunch and told Calvin I was going to stay home from church. When I got home, I was absolutely overwhelmed by the thought "Everyone would be so much better off without you. Your family deserves so much better than you."

BTW - if you have these thoughts, seek PROFESSIONAL help. There are people trained to help you out of this darkness. 

I don't know what to say other than I couldn't NOT cut my wrists that afternoon. 

I wasn't upset or nervous or scared. It was all very matter of fact. Like I said, I couldn't NOT do it. Even so, it was surreal...like I was watching it all happen to someone else. I ended up with 12 cuts in all. 3 requiring stitches, others requiring glue, and others that were not deep enough to need help healing. 

It was as if I was watching someone else do it, except that it hurt SO MUCH.

I hit a vein in both arms. Barely missed the artery with all 3 deep cuts. I tried to cut after those 3 and the razor (brand new) "mysteriously" lost the ability to cut thru my skin. 

Sadly, I was at such a devastatingly low point that the only feelings I had were disappointment and disgust for having failed. The only thought in my head was "You can't even get this right."

I know two things for certain. 

First
My intention that afternoon was to die. I was not seeking attention or help. I simply wanted to die. 

Second
It wasn't my time to go. 

For some bizarre reason, Satan's minions took special time and put forth extra effort to push me to the point of truly wanting to die. For an equally astonishing reason, God saw fit to allow me to live. 

Please understand that as I write this, I am about 2 months out from this event. By the time it is published, I'll be almost 3 months out. 

I'm not in this dark place anymore. 

As I write this, I still have more bad days than good, but I DO have good days, and that's very encouraging. It’s taking time, but I know I am getting better.  

If you think that suicide is the way to end your pain, please seek PROFESSIONAL help. There are people who are trained to guide you out of the darkness. 

It DOES get better. 

There IS hope.



Much love and big hugs,
K



Here's what I know to be true:
  • ·           God has not left me, nor has He turned His back on me. 
  • ·        Pleasing people should not be my ultimate goal in life. 
  • ·        Satan Distracts and Deceives
  • ·        I am loved more than I ever realized. 
  • ·        Feelings are not Facts
  • ·        I need to pay attention to my desire (or lack of desire) to do the things I normally enjoy.
  • ·        It will get better. It always does.
  • ·        Suicide is not the answer.
  • ·        God’s not finished with me yet.


No comments: