Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday Morning Prayer

Lord, ther are so many distractions in Sunday, especially for those of us that serve. Not only are there children to bathe and dress, myself to bathe and dress, and a sweet husband to get out the door, but there are other things that distract me. I am sure that i am not the only one who has trouble clearing my mind on Sunday Morning, even if my distractions are different than others'.
Lord, I pray that my friend A. is there today. God, I cannot imagine the battle she is fighting. Be with her. Make our presence known to her in a very real and tangible way.
Comfort sweet M. as he waits to join you in Heaven and, Father God, please comfort precious S. as she prepares to let him go.
Be with B. and A. as they prepare to come home from this round of Chemo and face bone marrow transplant in the not too distant future.
Lord there are so many that need a touch from you. I cannot begin to wrap my brain around the sheer number of prople that are hurting and in desperate need of your touch. You know who they are Lord and you know what they need. Please wrap your arms around them and let them know that you are with them, that you have a plan and a purpose for their lives and that you are in contol at all times.
Lord, Be with the ones teaching Sunday School this morning. Let them be sensitive to your spirit and allow you to speak through them.
Be with Calvin and all of your pastors as they prepare to deliver your Word. Please put a hedge around them so that they are not discouraged and disheartned by complaining and such this morning. Protect them, fill them up and give them courage to speak your truths clearly, firmly, and lovingly.
Please speak to the worship leaders and musicians involved in this morning services. Lord, again, put a hedge around them and protect them from gossip, complaining, and procrastination. Please do not allow that little things to irritate them this morning.
Finally, meet with us Lord. In "Big Church", in Children's worship, and in Preschool worship, make your presence known. I love You Lord and I want to want nothing more than to worship you and bask in your presence this morning!
Your adoring child,
K

No comments: