Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Be Still

Some days are just better than others. Today is one of those days.
Today is one of those days when it seems like God chose to stand a little closer to me. Now, maybe He did, and maybe He didn’t. Perhaps I simply chose to take a moment and bask in His embrace before I got started on my day. Perhaps He is always the same closeness to me and I choose not to acknowledge his presence. After all, I am a busy girl with important things to do. I do not always have time to stop and just “be” in the presence of the creator of the universe.
Sounds crazy, doesn’t it? Crazy as it sounds to say it, that is how I live much of my life….too busy to just “be” with God… I cannot imagine that I am alone in this. I would think that you too may go through your days without stopping to just be with God.
May I be so bold as to challenge you? Stop, take a deep breath, relax your shoulders, exhale, and just be in His presence. Just for a moment. Picture Him standing by your chair. Relax into Him and feel the warmth of your Creator’s perfect embrace. Rest your head on His chest. No questions, no requests, just be in His presence. Close your eyes and listen for the beating of His heart and embrace the enormity of the fact that the creator of the universe LOVES you…YOU! He loves you with a love so pure and perfect that no human love can duplicate it. He loves you just as you are right now, flawed and imperfect. He just loves you. So take a moment and just let Him.
Hugs!!!
~K

No comments: