Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Thank you

Just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who has commented here, on Facebook, and via e-mail. Your words of encouragement always seem to come at just the right time.
I think it will be amazing to go back and read all the cards, e-mails, & comments here and on Facebook when this is over and I can look back on the whole experience. It is already interesting to me to go back to the first couple of posts...before the cancer diagnosis....when I thought the "battle" I was writing about was spiritual warfare. I never imagined I'd be battling cancer. Funny how things work out.
I am sometimes embarrassed that you are reading this. Please understand that writing is my coping mechanism. Writing allows me to vent, to ramble (especially when Calvin is tired of listening to me), to sort things out, to brainstorm, to get myself back in line. I almost quit and went back to my paper journal when I found out that I have cancer, but then i got a few e-mails saying that my thoughts were actually encouraging. Didn't really expect that, but might as well run with it I suppose.
I guess all this is to say, i don't know where this is going to take us, but i am glad you decided to travel this journey with me.
I am going to see Dr. Pitman tomorrow afternoon. She specializes in cancers of the head and neck. She will be removing my lymph nodes. I guess she is going to explain the surgery to me. I can't imagine anything else she could tell me tomorrow.
Thanks again!
Hugs,
K

No comments: