Thursday, February 19, 2009

home

Surgery went well. At least that's what they tell me. I am most excited about getting stiches in my neck rather than staples. I owe Dr P a batch of cookies!
I THINK the worst part of this surgery was the wrath of the anesthesia. It kicked my butt. The nausea has passed finally, but my head still feels like Ihave been in a boxing match. Actually, I sorta look like I have been in a fight. My lip is all swollen, my eyes are puffy...yuck!
Both doctors said that the surgery went great and that I did great (always thought that I was a particularly gifted sleeper). Dr S said that there was no visible growth on my cords. Dr P said that my nodes appeared normal, except for their size. Both doctors and the Fellow and the residents all promised to call me as soon as they get the path results.
I am so glad to be home. I am so glad that this surgery is over.
Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes!
Hugs
K

No comments: