Thursday, July 11, 2019

Thursdays Thoughts on... being alone

Well, I've learned one very important thing these past 2 weeks.

I do not do well when I am alone...and I've been alone for the better part of the last 2 weeks.

I haven't slept. I can't eat. I'm just a mess. I mean... more of a mess than usual.

I missed the gym most days because... well, it's hard enough when I DO sleep... almost impossible when I don't.

It's not just the gym. I mean, that is the most noticeable thing, but it isn't the only thing that was off this week. I was paralyzed emotionally. I didn't want to do anything but stay in my house. I know that feeling so well. It's awful. So awful.

Spending time alone sounds like such a good idea. Peace and quiet. No one needing my attention. No one needing my time. No one telling me what to do. Sounds good.

It stinks.

I don't know what we will do going forward, but safe to say I won't be staying by myself for 10+ days again. This was a struggle.

Anyway, my people are home and so things will get back to normal soon.

And unlike 2 years ago, I won this battle.

Big Hugs!
K



No comments: