Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Wednesday Weekly Recipes - Meal Prep- Week 1


Okay before I say anything else, give me one moment to say...

Yes I did!
Wanna see?
I even took a picture....


I am SO proud of myself!!!

This may not seem like a big deal to you, but for me, this is HUGE! Not only did I have a plan, I followed through and... TA-DA!!!! Lunches for the week! I am just pleased as punch! The colors are beautiful. The whole thing makes me very happy.

This is super simple, my goal was simply to get it done. I made spaghetti with ground turkey and baked some chicken and steamed some veggies and some rice. Kept the rice to a minimum. Leaning heavily on the veggies and fruit. I also made a separate box for snacks. This was mostly self- defense. Since I am giving up my morning coffee (and 210 calories worth of creamer),  I was afraid I'd crash before lunch. my snack was some grapes and apple and a piece of cheese. 

I know from experience that my entire body feels best when I eat a plant based diet. Even my hair and skin respond well to a plant based diet. HOWEVER, I get a lot of push back from the meat-eaters in my life, so i am not cutting meat out... at least not yet.

Next week I hope I can work a little variety into this process, but... baby steps.

Hugs!
K

No comments: