Thursday, December 20, 2018

Thursday's Thoughts on... Snow

I live less than 3 hours from the Gulf of Mexico, smack in the middle of the state of Mississippi. We have 100+ degree summers, which are the trade off for only needing a coat and gloves a few days a year. Winter is mild. Snow is rare. Very rare.

Snow Fascinates me.

It's quiet. It's peaceful. It falls gently, silently. It slowly makes the barren, lifeless, boring winter landscape sparkle as if covered with diamonds. It stills the busy-ness of the world with an audible hush and covers all the earths imperfections with a pure and unblemished blanket of white.

Makes me think of Jesus and what He has done in my life.

He quiets my fears, covers my imperfections, and makes my plain-ness sparkle like diamonds as His love radiates from me. He envelopes my fearful heart and quiets my anxieties with an audible hush, leaving only the peaceful quietness that comes from being covered in His love.


Just my thoughts...
K



No comments: