Friday, October 19, 2018

Get Fit Friday - 100 Day Challenge - Week 9


I've learned a lot these past weeks. A LOT.

I've learned that I truly hate burpees...and push ups. I've learned that fat girl + push ups = hurt shoulder. Going to the gym is hard. Eating clean is almost impossible. I don't hate cleaning house, but I hate cleaning house in a rush.

I mentioned early on that I realized that Perry was correct in his observation that I think I can do more than is realistic. I realized that I truly have insane expectations of myself. Even so.... I TRULY believed that I could achieve everything I set out to do over these 100 days.

but....

I ignored things that I should NEVER ignore.

First, I'm a mom and a wife. The people in my life have needs and wants and there are things that they need from me specifically. My schedule is not solely my own.
Second, I work a full time job outside my home. For 8 hours a day, 5 days a week I am at the bank.
Third, I battle depression. I hate this. I am not using it as a crutch or an excuse. I'm only saying that there are things I need to do to ward off a depressive episode... Get enough sleep, exercise my body in some way, eat food that is good for my body, drink enough water and take my vitamins.

These things are truly important. I value my people more than my personal schedule. I value my job and the people I work for and with. I value my mental and emotional health more than achieving  a list of personal goals.

I'm not saying that I'm quitting. I'm not saying that goals aren't important.

When I started this journey, I wanted to completely change who I am. I didn't like myself very much. I believed that being who I thought others wanted me to be would make me happy. Over the past weeks and months, I've solidified deep in my soul that there are things I actually like about myself. There are things I am really pretty good at.  Now, these things aren't necessarily the things that the people close to me place a high value on....

...but I'm not sure that matters as much as what value I place on them. 

I'm not sure that makes any sense. So many things are bouncing around in my head.

Here are the things I like and value about me....
I'm kind
I enjoy my relationship with God
I am encouraging
I love my people fiercely
I love to DO things more than I love to have things
I am imaginative
I am artistic
I like to read and I like to create things

I'm pretty good at writing (some days are better than others)
I'm pretty good at painting
I'm pretty good at teaching

These things are not spectacular or unique... but they make me... me.


37 Days to Go!

No comments: