Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Wednesday's Weekly Recipe - Roasted Sweet Potato

Okay so this isn't some fancy recipe. In fact it is probably the simplest thing ever... except maybe for eating grapes.

I love a good baked potato as much as the next girl... so long as it is drowning in butter, drenched in sour cream. and buried under a mound of  cheddar cheese and bacon. I am almost positive that any health benefit that could have once been found in said spud is lost in the sea of saturated fats and sodium.

So, I opt for sweet instead.


I wrap my sweet potato(s) in tin foil, and put it (them) on a cookie sheet  (cause the syrupy stuff that comes out as they cook REALLY stinks if it gets in the stove... just sayin)

I set the oven to 350 and let them cook for... oh... maybe an hour? Maybe more? I guess I should have planned this out a bit better.

The bottom of the potato is brown, but not burned. Once out of the foil, I cut the ends off the potato, slice the skin down the middle and it (the skin) pretty much falls off. The potato is "mushy" so don't cook yours as long if you want it to be firm.



I smash mine up with a bit of salt and that's it.
SOOOO good!!!


Enjoy!
K


No comments: