Friday, August 31, 2018

Get Fit Friday - 100 Day Challenge - Week 2



Did I mention last week that this whole challenge thing is harder than I thought?
Who came up with this stupid idea anyway?

Oh...yeah... that was me. What in the WORLD was I thinking?

Well, I was thinking that the way I've been doing things for the last 20+ years is not working. I was thinking that I have some habits that need to be modified. I was thinking that I have too much unnecessary stress in my life... much of it a result of aforementioned habits. I was thinking that I need an overhaul...

That's right... an overhaul.

I don't know why I thought "an overhaul" would be easy.

Okay so first off... no way am I gonna be able to do 100 push ups. That's just not happening. At least I cannot imagine how. No idea how many I'll end up being able to do, but 100? Prolly not.

Drinking only water is more challenging than I anticipated. Turns out I am basically a zombie without caffeine.

Not eating out SOUNDED like a GRAND idea... but I didn't consider that my people would not go along with this... So I am not eating out unless it is w the fam... and that's really not very often.

Other than that...

Oh who am I kidding? It's ALL hard!

Truth is, I'm behind on my Bible reading; I missed WAY too much gym time; I even ate a piece of ITALIAN CREME CAKE! UGH! I am so weak!!!!!!!! I've got to catch up on throwing things away. I'm not sure that I'm spending 30 minutes cleaning house... if so, I should do more.  And then there are days like Tuesday when I left the house at 7:20 am and didn't return until almost 9 pm...or Wednesday when I spent some much needed time with a sweet friend over breakfast (at 630) before working all day and then going to church... to return home after 8...or Thursday when I met with a bride to be after work to discuss her wedding... or TONIGHT... when we have a football game! What do I do THEN? UGH! All weeks are not like this of course, but in order for me to complete this challenge, I will have to do NOTHING but work, church, and challenge...

and honestly, life just doesn't support that.

(sigh)

Perhaps the smarter, KINDER thing to do would have been to choose ONE thing and do ONE thing for 100 days.

(sigh)

Okay, well, I am not giving up. Not sure how this is gonna play out, but I am not giving up.

A sweet friend tells me often to enjoy the process; to just live life... THAT is what I am no good at. I am so results-focused that I don't enjoy the process at all.

Another, the one who so sweetly carved time out of her morning to have me over for breakfast, said that it is okay to try something and suck at it....and to still complete what you started out to do... even if you suck at it. Again... not good at this... maybe THAT is the challenge!

(sigh)

This week I am going to focus on the process....even if I suck at all of it. No expectations.

Did I say that last week?

Well, if I did, I mean it now.

86 Days to Go!
K

No comments: