Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Wednesday's Weekly Recipe : Tona's Homemade Ice Cream

I have great childhood memories of summer time: staying outside all day, playing in the woods, building obstacle courses out of saw horses and old tires, digging in the field (for Dinosaur bones, of course), building club houses, pretending to be an Olympic gymnast on my metal swing set (that would tip right over if I swung too high), playing in the water hose (or the slip n slide), bringing home stray puppies, the smell of steak cooking on the grill, fresh corn on the cob, "sun" tea, ice cold watermelon, and my mom's home made ice cream.

Times have changed. There are no more "endless days of summer." Not much changes between the seasons now. There's just work, laundry, cooking, cleaning, church, sleep, repeat. Often I go through the entire week on auto pilot. Sometimes I get some painting, reading, or crocheting in, but even that is limited.

I haven't had home made ice cream in... goodness... a very long time.

I think I'll make some this weekend. If you need a sweet reminder of  long lazy summer days, here's my mom's vanilla ice cream recipe:


Easy recipe

2 cups whole milk
1 cup sugar
2 cups half & half
2 tsp. vanilla

Combine all and stir until sugar is dissolved
Pour in ice cream freezer
Follow manufacturer’s directions



Enjoy!
K

No comments: