Friday, June 8, 2018

Get Fit Friday - 4 month update


Well, it only took 4 months. LOL! I FINALLY got myself in the gym this week. I started Saturday morning and have been a total of 5 times this week....even Sunday Morning before church. (I'm pretty proud of that.) I kept saying I was gonna go after work, but- goodness - there are 100 reasons not to go to the gym after work. If I go in the morning, the only excuse I have is that I don't want to get up and go. I did use that excuse twice. On Wednesday I didn't go and on Thursday I went in the evening. Interestingly, it didn't feel like an excuse at all... it felt like a choice. I consciously chose Tuesday night to take Wednesday off.

I am rewarding myself with a hydro massage and tan after each workout. It's totally worth it.  

This has been a hard week for me. I'm working through it and I will be fine at some point. They say that exercise is the most underutilized anti-depressant...I'm gonna need it to start working...like now.

That's all I have to say about that.

Here's where I started and where I am now. To be fair, I did actually gain weight until about a month ago. I started working out and weighed 257. so there's that...



Date 2/9/2018
Actual Weight         250.4
Bust                             48
Bicep                           16
Forearm                       12
Waist                         50.4
Hips                             53
Thigh                           28
Calf                           19.5
Hip/Waist Ratio         0.95

Date 6/8/2018
Actual Weight           252.6
Bust                          45.50
Bicep                        15.50
Forearm                   12.00
Waist                        45.00
Hips                          50.00
Thigh                        28.00
Calf                          19.00
Hip/Waist Ratio          0.87

Total lost
Actual Weight        +2.2lbs
Bust                          2.50
Bicep                        0.50
Forearm                   0.00
Waist                        5.40
Hips                          3.00
Thigh                      00.00
Calf                         00.05
Hip/Waist Ratio        0.90

How I honestly feel about these results:
Hmmmm... I'm not surprised. It took me a little minute to really get my mind set to do this. I knew I was gaining weight and I can tell now that I am losing weight. So, there's that. I guess it is what it is.

What's Working:
I haven't mentioned it til now, but I joined "Noom." Down loaded the app on my phone and all that good stuff. It is good in that it helps me defeat my all or nothing thinking. It helps me set realistic goals so that I do not always feel like I am failing. The goals are also short term and not results based. They are progress driven I guess. For example...I had a goal to go to the gym twice this week instead of "lose 2 pounds." 
My goals for next week are to bring my lunch from home 3 days, go to the gym 4 days, drink one  20 oz bottle of water on the way to work and one on the way from work, and to get up from my desk twice a day and walk down one flight of stairs and up the other, and to get up and stretch twice a day. So I'm gradually adding a bit of activity to my day and gradually changing my eating habits. This seems like something I can do for the long haul and get permanent results rather than something that will help me lose 15 pounds quickly only to gain it back.

What's not:
I'm not really going to camp out here. Beating myself up over not accomplishing everything I think I should comes very naturally to me. It does me no good to focus on the many ways I fail each day.
I am going to focus on the positive.

Going forward....
Going to stick with adding small changes to my daily routine each week. Going to celebrate my success and try not to dwell on my failures. I am going to continue to be gentle with myself and do my best to treat myself the way I would anyone else.  



Have a great Weekend!
K

No comments: