Thursday, May 31, 2018

Thursday's Thoughts on: What I DON'T enjoy

A while back, I started a list of questions that I'm trying to answer over...well, however long it takes to get them all answered. I've discovered that I "know" the answers to all of them, but I 'm not sure I BELIEVE the answers I "know" is correct. So, I'm working through that; I'm looking past the answers I've always given to see what I really believe.

As with all my writing, this is for me. Writing gets my scrambled up thoughts and emotions into print and seeing them in print often helps me put them in proper perspective.  Anyway, here's this week's question and (hopefully) answer.

What do I NOT enjoy?

Last week I recorded the things that I really enjoy. These are things that I enjoy no matter what. They are not dependent on someone else's opinion or feelings. As I dug deep in to the things I enjoy and scrutinized the reasons I enjoy certain things, I learned that there are things I DON'T enjoy. To be honest,  I am discovering that I am really quite boring and that perhaps I would do well as a hermit...or a hippie.

As with the things I enjoy, my first obstacle to this post was to determine whether or not my feelings about certain things were really my feelings or the feelings I've adopted from the people I value. This has been such an interesting journey into myself... I don't know that I have ever stopped to consider what I like, want value and enjoy or, conversely what I do not like, don't want, don't value, and don't enjoy. I've spent MUCH time figuring out what the people in my life value, what they enjoy, what they like and what they want me to be... and have adapted to meet those expectations...at least as I understood them to be.  This whole process of looking into my own soul has been very...freeing.

Okay, here goes...no filter....

I don't enjoy being put in situations that require me to appear to be something I am not.

I don't enjoy large crowds...or small crowds...or crowds in general.

I don't enjoy feeling like I am a disappointment to people I value.

I don't enjoy being fat.

I don't enjoy being 2nd.

I don't enjoy feeling rushed.


Does "Things I don't like" also fall under this? Well, this is my little world, so I'm gonna say it does...

I don't like to be judged harshly, to have my past held against me, or to be dismissed or underestimated.

I don't like to be around people who are negative, especially if they use the "I'm just realistic" reasoning to justify pointing out the worst in everything and everyone.

I really don't like to be late (I know -  this is a surprise to me as well).

I don't like to be around people who feel the need to force others to accept their belief system about...whatever. You can believe what ever you want. I can do the same. We can totally and completely disagree with each other, but understand and respect that we each believe what we believe just as strongly as the other believes what they believe. No one HAS to adopt the way I think, feel, or see the world. In fact, someone NOT accepting the way I think, feel or see the world doesn't change me in the least... unless I let it or want it too. Whew...that could be a long post all on its own.

I don't really like meat all that much. I actually feel better when I don't eat meat for a few days.

I don't like clutter...or chaos...or things that are disorganized

I do not like racism, bigotry, or prejudice. Not at all. I do not like blanket assumptions made over an entire group of people based on their religion, heritage, gender, or ethnicity. I wish very much that people in general would form opinions about an individual person based on that particular person's merit. I am not sure that this will ever be the norm. Also a post in itself and will have to wait for another day.

I don't like to be around angry people. Maybe this goes along with not liking to be around negative people. Some people naturally look for ways to reconcile, compromise, and find common ground. Others naturally cast blame, point fingers, scream and yell. I don't mix well with the latter.

I don't like to spend time with people who talk about how much they know, how busy they are, or how important they are. These things, given time, will be obvious. I think this is like being a lady... if you have to tell people you are, then you probably aren't.

I don't like injustice and it makes me sad that our world is so very broken. It breaks my heart that so many people are abused, used, and taken advantage of. Again, another post for another day.

I guess this list isn't that different from everyone else's. Many are the "expected" answers to "what don't you like?" and I had to stop and determine for myself if I REALLY don't like these things or if I've been conditioned to give PC answers.

Finally, I don't think I like chocolate all that much. Or Peanut butter.

Just my thoughts,
K


I wanna know....
Do you stop and ponder why you feel the way you do about things?
When was the last time you stopped and evaluated how you feel about some of the hot topics in the media?
How easily are you swayed by those who push their opinions on society?
How deeply do the goings on of the rich and famous and the political activists affect you?



Other questions I'm pondering....

What determines my worth?
What is consistently causing me stress?
What do I LIKE about me?
What do I truly value?
What is holding me back?
What will make my life easier?










No comments: