Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Tuesday's Tips and Tricks - storing sheets

Totally stole this idea from DunpADay.com.

I learned long ago that it works much better for me to have at least 2 sets of sheets for all our beds.  I can go ahead and remake the beds when I take off the sheets to be laundered instead of waiting until the ones I take off the bed are clean and dry. (it's really best if I do it all at one time...I have a tendency to get off task)

Now, I didn't think about storage when I purchased the extra sets of sheets.  Folding fitted sheets is not my forte. (no one is gonna see them anyway, right?) I have been known to toss all the sheets in the top of a closet, or cram them all in a cabinet. At one point I had them all stuffed in a cedar chest. 

I (very recently -  as in this past weekend) realized that my storage ideas are not working for me, mainly because I don't want to waste time looking for matching sheets and pillow cases when I change the bedding. ( yes, I am totally guilty of putting random pillow cases on a bed just because I cannot find the ones that match the sheets. Don't judge. There are certainly worse things I could do.)

After digging through wadded up sheets and looking high and low for matching pillow cases, I told myself, "It really shouldn't be this difficult."

I recently (like, last night) adopted the method described below. Yes it takes a minute to get the sheets folded and put in the pillow case, but I'm thinking that if I do that right when I take them out of the dryer, at least they will all be together. Once that's done, all I have to do is grab the ones I want when I change the beds! No searching for matching pillow cases or sheets! 







Much love and Big hugs!
K

No comments: