Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Wednesday's Weekly Recipes - Pico de Gallo

Y'all... have you ever tried to come up with recipes while you are fasting? What was I thinking? I am 20 hours into my fast and I am on the struggle bus for sure this evening! Okay, so... a recipe... that won't make me want to binge out on Hostess snack cakes or Wavy Lays and Green onion dip....


How about Pico de Gallo? that sound good? I think so... but I'm hungry... LOL!! Cinco de Mayo is coming up... so you need this recipe anyway!

Image result for fresh pico de gallo

Ingredients:
Roma Tomatoes (they have fewer seeds) - the fresher the better
Onion - white or red
Jalapeno or Serrano peppers (remove the seeds for less heat) use more or less to taste
Cilantro (sorry if you are one of those people who think that Cilantro tastes like soap... fresh cilantro is a must for this dish)
Lime (we will use the zest and the juice)
Salt
Pinch of Cumin (optional)
Remove the seeds from your tomatoes
Dice all the veggies up nice and small
Add some Lime zest and then squeeze in some lime juice.

Let it sit for a few minutes, but not too long... it's best when it's fresh!

You can add things to your Pico too....
what about something like
Fresh avacado
Mango
Peach
Cucumber
Corn
Red Pepper
Fresh mint
Roasted chile peppers

Oh my goodness my mouth is watering!

This is one of my favorite kinds of recipes... because you adjust the measurements to your taste.
 BUT I know some of you HAVE to have measurements, so here ya go...


INGREDIENTS:

  • 3 cups diced Roma tomatoes (about 6 tomatoes)
  • 2/3 cup diced white or red onion (about half of a medium white onion)
  • 2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro, loosely packed
  • 1 to 2 jalapeƱo peppers, stemmed, cored and finely diced
  • 1 lime, zested and juiced
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • (optional) 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin

Enjoy!
K

No comments: