Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Wednesday Weekly Recipes - Egg muffins

Yall.. I am obsessed with these.

I even bought some silicone cupcake liner things and all that good stuff!

Okay, to be honest... I have not actually MADE these yet... but I AM going to. I am! No really... I am. The only reason I haven't is because I'm fasting in the mornings.

Here's the recipe

Ingredients

  • cooking spray
  • 6 eggs
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/2 cup cooked chopped spinach excess water removed
  • 1/3 cup crumbled cooked bacon
  • 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • diced tomatoes and chopped parsley optional garnish

Instructions

  • Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Coat 6 cups of a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper liners. (or use silicone liners as they are less likely to stick.
  • Crack the eggs into a large bowl. Whisk to blend the eggs until smooth, this will take less than a minute.
  • Add the spinach, bacon and cheese to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
  • Divide the egg mixture evenly among the muffin cups.
  • Bake for 15-18 minutes or until eggs are set.
  • Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to eat. Top with diced tomatoes and parsley if desired.

There are SO many different ways to customize your egg muffins! I like to choose one protein, one cheese and one veggie to mix and match and create new flavors.
  • Protein: Ham, breakfast sausage, chicken, chorizo, ground beef
  • Cheese: Monterey Jack, swiss, mozzarella, fontina, pepper jack, feta
  • Veggies: Mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, kale, broccoli, artichokes
Image result for egg muffins breakfast  Image result for egg muffins breakfast Image result for egg muffins breakfast

No comments: