Friday, April 12, 2019

Friday's thoughts on Faith

I'm not planning to get back into writing every day... but I might. ha-ha

Easter is next weekend, making next week "Holy Week." I guess that's a Catholic thing. I'm not sure. We don't officially call it that in my church. I like it though. I do. I really like the idea of "Holy Week."

I think it is interesting that the church as a whole does not stop and soak up Holy Week. I mean, I know that some congregations do more than others, and maybe I'm confessing my own lack of... whatever... but I feel that I miss the gravity of all the things that this week holds for the Christian. Well, for everyone... but the Christian claims to know the gravity of it.

Still... so many of us treat it like any other week.

My faith hinges on Christ's death and resurrection, and yet I allow "life" to keep me from immersing myself in the love of God and the lengths He went to in order to restore me to Himself. This year I hope to spend the week a bit more consciously aware of the enormity of what happened the last week of Christ's life.

Anyway, that's the plan... to focus on what the last week of Christ's life looks like and how it impacts my life now...and, as is my norm, sharing it all with you.

Much love and big hugs!
K

No comments: