Thursday, February 14, 2019

Thursday Thoughts on... Heaven's Gates and Hell's Flames


We did Heaven's Gates / Hell's Flames at Pearson this week. This is my 5th time to be involved in it and it is one of my very favorite evangelism tools. 

The purpose of the event is to present the Gospel in a simple and concise way using real life situations in which people find themselves at the end of their lives. The ultimate goal is for people to recognize their need for a Savior and to realize that Jesus is the only way for any of us to get into heaven.

Many people decided to follow Jesus this week and I am eternally thankful for this. Something very personal happened in me this week as well. I was reminded of Christ's love for me, of the lengths He went to in order for me to have a relationship with Him, and of Satan's desire to ruin me. Add to this, a renewed desire to see people in my life follow Christ and you have a decent idea of how HG/HF impacted me.

It is my hope and prayer that all the people God has placed in my life will know Jesus as their Savior. It is my hope and prayer that all the people God has placed in my life will surrender to Him as Lord.
It would bring me great joy to be part of this, but I don't really care how it comes to pass. 

Today, I am not interested in religious requirements or expectations. Today, I just want Jesus. I want my life to be characterized by the love, grace and mercy Christ has shown me. I want to be so full of Christ's love that those around me are washed in it. 

I don't want to be known for being a rebel or a rule breaker, but I don't want to be known for following rules and meeting the expectations others have of me either. I want more than that. I want to be known to reflect and share the love of Christ. I want to be understanding, compassionate and caring. I want all people God puts in my path to feel comfortable with me and around me. I want to be KIND. 

I want the Holy Spirit to soften my heart so that I see and love all people the way God does. I want to be quick to offer encouragement. I want to believe the best in people and trust God to work out the details of their lives. 


It's been a long week and I'm tired. 
That's all I have for today.

Just my thoughts...
K

No comments: