Thursday, January 3, 2019

Thursday's Thoughts on .. my word and verse for 2019



Each year, I ask God to give me a word and a verse to define my year. There's nothing magical about this. It simply gives me focus. Gives me something to strive for. Maybe that makes sense. It makes sense to me... guess that's all that matters.

This year's word is "Joy."

I suddenly think this is the most wonderful word in the world. It has been every where I've looked lately. I've been drawn to it these past few months. Drawn to it. I've pondered it. Studied it. Meditated on it.  I've asked myself questions like  "What brings me joy?" and  "Where does Joy come from?" I've considered true joy and the benefit of seeking it instead of mere happiness.

Izzy sent me something just the other day that speaks to what is in my heart....
Happiness is just a moment, Joy is something you carry around with you.

This ties easily to my verse for 2019:

The Lord has done great things for us and we are filled with Joy. Psalm 126:3


Why are we filled with joy? Because of the great things the Lord has done!!!

I want this thought to permeate my life these next 12 months. 

I do not want to coast through 2019. I do not want to merely survive. 

I want to soak up every good thing that God gives me. I want to drink in all the goodness, all the beauty, all the wonderfulness that God gives. I want to embrace it all. I want to be full of the Holy Spirit. I want to grow in and enjoy my relationship with Christ.

In 2019, I want to be more like Jesus and I want to be filled with Joy. I think that they go hand in hand. One leads to the other. 

Do you claim a word and/or verse each year? If so, what are they??


Just my thoughts
K

No comments: