Friday, January 4, 2019

Friday (Re)Focus - What to do when I'm feeling a bit .... meh


On days like today, when my mood is more gloomy than glad, it is most important to remember and focus on God and his presence. Some days, Bible stories comfort me and give me hope. Other days, it's the remembrance of things God has done in my own life or in the lives of people I know that helps me avoid the tendrils of despair that want to choke me.

On days like today, when my heart aches, I find comfort in knowing that God hears my cries. He is not oblivious to the battles I fight. It comforts me to know that the One who created me still knows me best. It comforts me to know that He has a reason for me being here.

Psalm 139 is on my heart today.
You have searched me Lord and you know me (verse 1)
You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways (verse 3)
Where can I go from your spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? (verse 7)
Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days of my life ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. (Verse 16)

These verses are precious to me. They speak to my need to be understood, protected, and cared for.

When I am feeling hopeless or just blue, it helps to remember that the Creator of the universe is in control of my life, knows my heart, and understands my needs. He is completely trustworthy. In His embrace, I can relax.... my soul can rest.

Dear Reader,
I would like to know where you turn for comfort when you are feeling blue, hopeless, sad, etc. What is your first reaction? What do you do to keep from slipping into despair?
You can email me using the button on the right side of the blog. You can also comment. Either way, I'd like to know how you have learned to deal with bad days.


Much love and big big hugs
K

No comments: