Thursday, January 31, 2019

Thursday Thoughts on... Thankfulness

As the week has progressed, I have been increasingly thoughtful about the things I am thankful for.

I've mentioned more than once that I love waterfalls... but have I expressed gratitude for them? I am truly thankful for them. They fill me with joy and peacefulness. I am enthralled by their beauty and awestruck by their power. If I had a list of favorite places, sitting at the foot of a waterfall would be among those at the top of the list.

I am thankful for the colors of nature. The contrast of blue ocean against sand or blue sky against snow are beautiful to me, as are the varying hues within a flower or stormy sky. It is amazing to me that God chose to fill our world with so much beauty.

I am thankful for music and for those who are gifted to compose it. It is comforting or exciting to connect with someone through the lyrics of a song... to believe that another has experienced what is in my heart. However, even more delightful to me is to connect with a composition that has no words. To be swept away on the notes, emotion drawn from melody and harmony...that is what i truly love. To FEEL music... yes, for this I am truly thankful.

I'm thankful for all sorts of people for all sorts of reasons. There are people  for whom I am specifically thankful. There are others who have passed through my life in various seasons for some designated period of time and, whether I felt at the moment that my life was better or worse for knowing them, looking back over my life, I see where they all contributed to the woman I am today  and for that I am thankful.

I'm thankful for the many ways God has seen fit to bless me and am not blind to His hand working in my life.

It is both comforting and terrifying to know that the creator of the universe knows my name; that He moved heaven and earth so that I could be reconciled to Him. This is what I am most thankful for. My relationship with Christ and a future with Him for all eternity makes everything else pale and empty by comparison. It would be enough to know Jesus... more than enough. To realize that God not only gave me Jesus but also all the things that make this life magical is almost too much to comprehend.


Just my thoughts,
K

No comments: