Friday, January 18, 2019

Friday (Re)Focus

I started the week with this thought, found in Psalms, "In Your Presence, There is fullness of Joy."

It is amazing to me, how this works. When I focus on God and on my place in His plan, I DO have joy. Even when things are hard, I still have JOY. As soon as I take my eyes (and heart) off of God and instead look at things from my own perspective (or the perspective of others), I am filled with all sorts of negative emotions.

 I wish I could explain this better....

Let me think...

OH! For example, I have a sweet friend who lives in a farmhouse. She loves her farmhouse. She thanks God for her farmhouse and totally acknowledges that it is an absolute GIFT from God... Until she started visiting other homes via a group she's involved with. Before she knew it, she was comparing her cozy farmhouse to their big, fancy new houses and suddenly... she doesn't love her farmhouse anymore.

What happened? What about her farmhouse changed that made it suddenly un-lovely to her? Nothing other than she changed her focus. Her farmhouse is still wonderful and cozy and great. It is still a gift. For a moment she took her eyes (and her heart) off the gift God gave her and Satan immediately seized the opportunity to steal her joy.

Isn't that the way Satan works? All he needs is a moment and he will pounce on us with all the fury of hell.

I have learned that my contentment comes from focusing on God and what He has chosen to bless me with. When I start looking at what others have (or what I perceive them to have), I lose that contentment...and my joy.

Satan's only goal is to steal kill and destroy.  He lives for nothing else. If he can distract us from the life God has blessed us with, he can do just that.

I want to be so wrapped up in the presence of God that all I want is what He has given me. I want to love Him so much that I want nothing more than I want to be in His presence.


Big hugs and much love to you,
K

No comments: