Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Tuesday's Tips and Tricks

Well, I did it anyway.

I tried to get all planned out and here I am in December having a melt down because there is just too much to do between now and the end of the year.

Jingle Bell market was a huge success. We learned a lot and had many many laughs. I so enjoy spending time with the ladies who are now part of Southern Breezes! They fill my heart! This was also a wonderful opportunity to see SO many people I know! All  in all it was great.

After Jingle Bell, we went to my friend's Christmas Open House. Oh goodness! It was wonderful! She was surprised and so happy to see us... it made my heart even fuller!

Monday was my Izzy's band concert. They did great, it was a nice time with Calvin, and Iz was super proud of their performance. Again, we saw lots of people we know and some of our former youth that we haven't seen in a long time. I left feeling filled and whole and happy. 

You may wonder what this has to do with Tuesday's Tips and Tricks.

It's quite simple really. 

December is CRAZY busy, so do the things that fill your heart with Joy.

This isn't a nudge to be selfish. Selfish people are quite Scrooge-y.

There are so many things that fill my heart with Joy... Like taking the time to go to my friend's Christmas Open House, sending Christmas Cards (haven't don't that yet..... grrrrr), baking with my girls, giving gifts, and spending time worshiping with my church family, going with the littles from church to look at Christmas lights, spending Christmas Eve looking at lights with my people, taking goodies to the ICU waiting rooms, and visiting my family and friends. I think that this year I may share cookies with my neighbors. I have lived in my home for almost 14 years and have never done this. I think I would enjoy it.

There are SO many things that scream for our attention between Thanksgiving and the New Year. 

I am learning to say no to the things I feel I "should" do but that leave me feeling spent. i dont mind being busy or being tired... but some things suck the life out of me and leave me... spent. So i am learning to say no to those things. This leaves room for the things that fill my heart with joy.

I hope you will do the same.

Much love and big hugs!
K

No comments: