Friday, December 7, 2018

Friday (Re) Focus - What's Your Story?

My older brother is a web designer. He is super good at picking up on words that will drive traffic to my blog.  I am pretty sure that he will frown on my choice of "Friday (re)Focus" for Friday's segment. Oh well, won't be the first time he's stood shaking his head at something I've done. (and won't be the last)

I like the name. It satisfies my strange need for alliteration while speaking to the desire of my heart.  I do want this to be a moment to pause and refocus.... for me more than for you really. I mean, I don't know where you are in your spiritual journey. I don't know if you need to refocus on Christ and what he is doing in and thru you or not.

I just know that I do...

And, since this is the only place I have any power in this world, I'm going with it.

Okay, now that's settled...

I wonder what your faith journey looks like. Are you on a steady path leading you ever closer to heaven? Is your story full of starts and stops, detours and road blocks? Maybe you met Jesus as a young child, and now, in your old age, your path is long and winding over the course of most of your life. Maybe you just met Jesus and your path has hardly started.

Where ever you are, I would LOVE to hear your story. I really would. Who did God place in your life to draw your attention to your need for Christ? Who are the players in your story? What circumstances did God allow that made you see your need for a Savior? How did you meet the Creator of the universe? Who in your life encourages you to know more of Jesus? Who has God placed in your life to remind you that HE loves you? How is He growing you in your faith today?

It brings me more joy than I can express to hear how God works in the lives of people.

It seems that I "should" say that my story is not remarkable but the truth is, my story is absolutely freakin amazing to me. God paid attention to every detail of my life and orchestrated people and situations to bring me to Him....and back to him... and back to him again... and again (and again).  It still blows my mind that He would care enough about ME to go through the trouble of putting people in my life to draw me close to him. It's CRAZY!

Over the next few weeks, I think I'll share my story. I would LOVE for you to share yours. Please do. If you only want to share with me, you can email me and I won't share unless you give me permission. I promise.... but I really do hope that you will share in the comments. I believe that it is such an encouragement to others when we share how Jesus made Himself known to us!

Next week, I'll share how God was active and present all through my life; how He revealed himself to me as a child and how he plucked me out of  the pit of anorexia and self-hatred as a very young woman; and how He guided me through these past 26 years of my adult life. His fingerprints are EVERYWHERE I look!

It is my most earnest prayer that you too will look over your life and see His fingerprints all over YOURS!!!!

Much love and big hugs!
K



No comments: