Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Wednesday Weekly Recipes - Jackie's Creamed Corn


Last week I shared my Grandma Jackie's apricot balls. This week I want to share my sister's favorite recipe from Grandma Jackie... Creamed Corn.  I got this recipe from my mom and it makes me laugh. So many of these "recipes" are not really recipes at all... These sorts of things we pass down from generation to generation by cooking together.  I'm guessing that these "bags" are quart bags?? Bottom line is everything is according to taste.  Here's the basic idea...


Ingredients:

Fresh corn 
Butter
Pet Milk (optional or as needed)
Salt and pepper to taste
Sugar

cut  corn off the cob and scrape the cob - don’t discard the milk

This is all dependent upon how much corn you are preparing.  
She would thaw out 2 bags of corn that she had frozen.  

Melt a stick of butter in a skillet, add the corn along with a table spoon of sugar per bag. 
Salt and pepper to taste.  
Cook until the starch in the corn thickens. 
If the corn is very dry and it looks like it is going to get to thick she would add some pet mike to loosen it up some.

There ya go!
Best "Creamy Corn" ever!!!!!!


Enjoy!
K

PS Grandma Jackie froze her creamed corn...so this goes along with the whole "feeding the family" tips from yesterday...see what I did there? ha! Have a great day!

No comments: