Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Wednesday's Weekly Recipes - Ambrosia

Ambrosia reminds me of  lightnin' bugs and warm summer nights. It also reminds me of noisy Christmas kitchens and sitting at the "Kids' table" with my cousins.  It's super easy to make and, if you're in a pinch, you can make it even easier by using a couple of cans of fruit cocktail instead of mandarin oranges and pineapple.  My personal favorite is a combination of the 2...Mandarin oranges, fruit cocktail, and pineapple... and I also like to add a mixture of cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk to mine. 
SO versatile!
No wonder my grandmothers always served this light dessert. 

Original recipe




additional fruit cocktail



INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
  • 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
  • 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
  • 2 cups miniature marshmallows
  • 1 (8-ounce) tub COOL WHIP Whipped Topping


DIRECTIONS:

  1. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold together all ingredients in a large serving bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

See? EASY!



Big hugs!
K

No comments: