Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Wednesday's Weekly Recipes - Mrs. Barbara's Chicken Salad


Several of my friends have "signature" dishes...that one thing that they make that EVERYONE requests when we have food. In my office, Mrs. Barbara's chicken salad is that thing. I asked her for the recipe and she gladly shared it with me. She said that a good "cheat" is to use a rotisserie chicken. This will save the time of boiling your chicken. (But she added that she always boils hers.)

Here's what she sent me....

6 Chicken Breasts
Seedless Red Grapes (halved)
Sweet Pickles (Chopped) (not pickle relish)
Toasted sliced almonds
Onion (chopped)
Lemon Juice (a dash or two)
Worcestershire Sauce (a dash or two)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Hellman's  Mayonaise

Boil chicken until tender. (Chicken breast with skin and bone is best)
When cooled, tear into small pieces
Add the other ingredients except almonda
Mix with lots of mayo

* I usually add more lemon juice and worc sauce than 2 dashes. I mix it all together, then taste and decide if I need to add anything.

** It takes a LOT of Mayo!

Hope you Enjoy!
Ms. B


She serves hers on croissants. I could eat it alone. It is SO good!


Much love and BIG hugs!
K


No comments: