Saturday, April 17, 2010

What a great day!

We are in Meridian playing soccer this weekend. Staying in a motel and just...playing soccer.

I had forgotten how much I really enjoy spending time with my sweet husband. That may sound strange, unless you are a pastor's wife. Maybe other husbands work 24 hours a day too, but I only know mine. Even though we are together all the time. we aren't really together. I'm doing my thing, he is doing his. You know how it goes. Everyone demands his time and his ear and his advice...I hate to ask for it when he gets home too.
Today we were just together. Cheering Brian and the Vipers through 2 games and keeping Izzy within earshot. It was a good day. A really good day. It helped that the Vipers won both their games, but that was not why it was so great. It was great to just be with the fam.
It's not so hard to lose track of time and in the process lose track of  family....even if you are with them every day.
 Brain is growing up so fast. Before I know itr he will be gone. Izzy is still so little, but then again, it seems like just yesterday Brian was only 5 too.
I feel like I should have some thing earth shaking to say, but I don't. Well, aside from sayiing that I have been reminded today that I have an amazing husband and great kids and that I really really think my little family is super cool. I am So thankful that God gave them to me to care for!

Oh Lord! Thank you so much for my sweet little family! Thank you for entrusting them to my care. Forgive me for taking them for granted and for being impatient and critical. Thank you for today. Thank you for the time to just be together. Lord, I love serving you and I am humbled that you think I am capable of caring for Calvin, but today was a nice change of pace. It was nice to have my family all to myself. Thank you for that time with them. Lord, help me to be the wife and mom that they need me to be. Help me to care for and nurture them. Help me to create a home for them that is a safehaven, a peaceful place for them to retreat, a place for them to rest. Lord, I love you and again I just want to thank you for letting me be Calvin's wife and Brian and Izzy's mom. They are amazing people and I...well....thanks. I don't know what else to say.
Amen

Well, time to get some sleep.....or at least try....soccer starts at 8am tomorrow!
Hugs!
K

1 comment:

The Redhead Riter said...

Families are so wonderful. I'm so thankful for mine too.