Saturday, February 20, 2010

One Year Cancer Free

Spent Friday morning at the doctor's office.
Monthly visit with Doc S and then off to get my thyroid, cholesterol, and sugar checked.
I have been cancer free for a YEAR.
Really? Seems longer than that....and at the same time seems like yesterday.
I am so grateful for everything that Doctor S and Doctor P and their teams did to make me well. I am so grateful that they were able to get rid of the cancer without leaving me with a trache, without chemo or radiation. All in all, noone would ever know that I had cancer on my vocal cords. My voice is a million times better than it was a year ago.
My voice is still raspy, but I sound like most people do when they are hoarse, and I have had times when my voice sounds really good. Doc said that I can get another steroid injection...or 2 or 3 and that will soften up the scar tissue to allow my cords to touch...and get rid of the raspiness.
Injection can be done in clinic rather than in the OR. I have not warmed to the idea yet. THAT may be enough to make me accept my raspy voice.
enough for now....5 soccer games today and then dinner with the deacons.....

hugs
k

No comments: