Saturday, August 29, 2009

He is....especially when I am not


As a woman I am often at the mercy of fluctuating hormones, mood swings, and "gut feelings".
One thing that I have been trying to remind myself of every day is that God is constant, consistent, and exactly the same....no matter what mood I am in.

When I feel completely insignificant and unappreciated, I still serve El Shaddai:“God Almighty.”

When I feel like I am worthless, I am still a daughter of El Elyon: “The Most High God.”

When I am in need and cannot help myself, God is still Yahweh Jireh (Yireh): “The Lord will provide.”

When I need to make a decision and my choices are confusing, God is still Yahweh Ro’i: “The Lord my Shepherd.”

When I am anxious and frustrated and irritated and basically hard to get along with, God is still Yahweh Shalom:“The Lord is Peace.”

When I am afraid, God is still Yahweh Shammah: “The Lord is there.”

When I am at my worst, God is still at His best.

When I am in the pits of despair, Christ is still the Bright and Morning Star (Revelation 22:16).

When I am lost and tossed about, Christ is still the Cornerstone (Matthew 21:42; Ephesians 2:20).

When I do not behave in a manner that reflects the love of God, Christ is still the Faithful and True (Revelation 19:11).

When I am weary, worn out, out and tired, Christ still promises "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." - Matthew 11:28-30

When my world seems to be falling apart and I am confused and scared to death, God still promises “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand."John 10:27-30

The bottom line is simple. God is. Christ is. Scripture is true. These are not dependant on my feelings or my mood or even my belief. It is when I can see past myself and beyond my current mood or circumstances that I can take hold of the promises that are mine to claim.

I am God's child.

I am a warrior in God's army.

I have nothing to fear because the one thing that is eternal is already mine and no one can take that from me. “No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.”Romans 8:37-39

I have said several times recently that my favorite people in all the world are under attack daily right now. We have declared war on the enemy and he is not going down without a fight. We must must must remember that "in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." and lean HEAVILY on HIM that loves us.

Most of all, in every single situation, no matter what Satan throws at me, no matter what I FEEL.....

God still is.

He is still good.

He is still all powerful.

He is still ruler of everything.

He is still victorious.

And I am His precious daughter whom He loves....LOVES!

I am wise to bask daily in the fact that I belong to the LORD Most High, Creator of the Universe, the Alpha and Omega....

And He still is....even when I am not.

No comments: