Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Well Hello there!

I've taken a break from... lots of things so far in 2020... but i'm still around.
I'm trying to be more present in the moment... and this is harder than I expected.
I've cut out some things/tasks to make room for people and have found this to be quite enjoyable.
One of the things I cut was writing. To be fair, I miss it... but with the new job came more responsibility and less time to ponder... so I've had less time to think about things to write.
That being said... I really do miss it.
I miss the freedom that writing provides. I miss the forgiveness writing offers... even more so than painting,  writing offers me the chance to change things until I am satisfied that my words reflect exactly the thought/emotion/idea/feeling I want them to. I've missed the functionality of choosing the right word or phrase to construct a word picture of what's in my head and heart.  I've missed the release that vomiting words onto a page/screen offers. So many times...most times... I just spew words until I have no more words. Then I go back and clean it all up so that (hopefully) the words make sense. Sometimes I just delete everything... and that in itself is also very freeing.

So, here I am, back at the keyboard. It may take me a minute to get back in the groove of sharing my thoughts. They have been bottled up for 3 months now. This year's posts may take on a different feel... cause I FEEL things other than hurt, fear, and panic for the first time in a LONG time. i don't have a closet of internal baggage to unpack. I don't have any medical (or mental or emotional) issues that need sorting thru. Everything is quite bland and uneventful compared to the past 12 years. I actually feel GOOD... normal... stable... so rather than try to jump into something serious today, I'm just gonna share this year's resolutions.

Resolutions for 2020


  1. Be Adventurous
  2. Be more Rested, Relaxed and Restored
  3. Be Mentally and Emotionally Healthy
  4. Be a Thoughtful Gift Giver
  5. Be Financially Responsible
  6. Be a Great Housekeeper
  7. Be a Morning Person
  8. Be Physically toned and Strong
  9. Be Intentional


big hugs!
K

No comments: