Friday, August 10, 2018

Get Fit Friday - 100 Day Challenge - the Challenge...

 So this challenge will start next week and end on November 23, the day before my 46th birthday.

100% for 100 days. That's the commitment.

I had to be very careful in selecting the things I'm going to challenge myself to these 100 days. I am committed. I will do whatever it takes to complete the challenge. I'm super excited to see what changes it makes in my life.

It's really too much to share my thought process on how I came up with my personal challenges.

But, in case you want to do this for yourself... basically, I thought about the areas of my life that are either unproductive, cause me stress, or otherwise need improving. The overriding idea surprised me. I want to be confident. Not prideful or arrogant, just confident that I have done what needs to be done to accomplish what I need to accomplish on any given day.

I made myself a workbook of sorts - you can find it by clicking on the "100 Day Challenge Workbook" tab at the top of the blog...if you really want to know how I came up with this list.

Here's the result:
  1. Leave 10 minutes earlier than I think I need to for EVERYTHING.
  2. USE MY PLANNER
  3. Spend 30 minutes cleaning the house EVERY DAY
  4. Throw away an ascending # of things each day (day one- 1 thing, day 2- 2 things, etc. to 100 things on day 100)
  5. Keep an accurate spending ledger EVERY DAY
  6. DO NOT EAT OUT
    1. Cook supper every night. 
    2. Take Lunch EVERY DAY
    3. Eat Breakfast at home or take it to work from home
  7. In bed by 10:00, out of bed at 4:00 (6 hrs of sleep)
  8. Drink only water
  9. Take my vitamins, including extra Iron, B12, and D3
  10. No Processed Foods
    1. No sugar
    2. No bread
  11. Have everything prepped for the next day before I go to bed at night.
    1. clothes
    2. meals
    3. meetings
    4. classes
  12. Complete the following 100 day strength training challenges:
    1. Push ups (start w 1, end w 100)
    2. Burpee (Start w 1, end w 100)
    3. Plank (start w 6 sec, add 6 seconds every day...10 min plank on day 100)
  13. Gym time EVERY SINGLE DAY
    1. Mile 
    2. abs
    3. Body section weight training rotation
      1. Upper body
      2. Lower body
  14. Read the entire Bible in 100 days (printed off a reading schedule for this)
  15. Spend dedicated time in prayer morning and evening.
  16. Leave my phone on DND while I'm at work (only listen to music on it).
  17. Put my phone on DND from 9 pm to 4:00 am
  18. Finish eating for the day by 5 pm
I'm tired. So tired. I'm tired of barely getting by. I'm tired of running behind. I'm tired of feeling unprepared. I'm tired of being fat. I'm tired of being TIRED. 

I suppose I expect that these next 100 days will challenge me, get me out of this rut I'm in of barely getting by, and help me see what I can accomplish when I put my mind to it. I no longer believe "I can't." I don't know why I ever thought that anyway. I battled cancer twice and have somehow managed (we all know that this was only with God's intervention) to survive everything that has been thrown at me so far. I don't want to be defeated by things so trivial as lack of sleep, lack of exercise, poor diet and lazy habits. Seriously. That's unacceptable. Why is it easier to push through whatever has to be done in the BIG things (like cancer) while little things (like laundry) defeat me? Makes no sense.

I just gotta get it together. I'm tired of barely getting by.

Wish me luck!
K

No comments: