Friday, May 4, 2018

Get Fit Friday - What's working/ What's not



A few weeks ago, I decided to change my environment. Specifically, I changed what I listen to, watch, look at, and read. Instead of filling my senses with things that reflect how I feel, I started filling my senses with things that reflect how I WANT to feel.

I made all sorts of substitutions. Christian music instead of...well, every other kind. Sermons instead of music. Christian comedians instead of music. (I usually listen to a lot of music) I stopped reading and watching romances. All in all, I stopped filling my senses with things that reflect the ache in my heart, longing in my soul, emptiness, loneliness, and sadness I often feel.

I made these changes because I theorized that what I was filling my senses with was not only reflecting how I felt, but also reinforcing what I was feeling.

Maybe I am a slow learner. Maybe this is common sense. I still had to discover for myself if this is true. It seems to be.


This week I started listening to Christian Comedians. Michael Jr. and Tim Hawkins are my favorite as of now.  I forgot how GOOD it feels to just LAUGH.


So that's what's working.

What's not working? My voice. My voice isn't not working. I saw Doc yesterday and we are going to repeat the collagen injection in June. He will also fix whatever this lump is that I feel in my throat.


I'm having more success getting emotionally and spiritually fit than i am having getting physically fit. I'm not sure that's necessarily a bad thing.


Have a great weekend!
K




No comments: