Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Wednesday's Weekly Recipes - Christmas 2017

With Christmas comes baking (or stopping at the bakery) so what better time to share recipes?
I confess, I am a Pinterest junkie and I LOVE to try all the fancy things that people post on their Recipe boards. I don't always have TIME for these kitchen adventures and am learning that sometimes it just isn't worth the stress to do homemade. HOWEVER, when I DO have time, I love to bake. Over the next few weeks I'll share some of my favorite recipes.


Let's start with something super easy. This is my absolute favorite thing to make for parties. 

Jalapeno Cream Cheese Crescent  Poppers


1 package Cream Cheese (8oz) softened
4 oz diced jalapenos ( you can add more or less to taste)
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1 can Refrigerated Crescent Rolls

Makes 32 crescent Poppers (I usually make 2 batches...they go fast!)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Add Cream Cheese, Jalapenos and sugar to mixing bowl and ... mix
Sometimes I use a mixer, sometimes not. Up to you.
Once everything is blended together, I taste to see if I want more kick.
If you want more, just add more peppers and mix again.

Set mixture aside (Don't put it in the fridge. It's easier to spread at room temperature)

Open can of Crescent rolls and separate into 2 rectangles. Pinch the seams together.

Spread 1/2 the cream cheese mixture over one of the rectangles (I use the back of a spoon for this).

Once you've spread the cream cheese, roll the crescent starting with the LONG side. (like a pinwheel log)

Once it's rolled up, get a really sharp knife and cut it in half.
Cut those 2 in half
Cut those 4 in half
Now you have 8, right?
Cut those in half.
You should have 16 .

Now do the same to the other rectangle of Crescent Rolls.

Once you get them all cut, you can refrigerate and cook later if you are making these ahead of time.

When you are ready to cook them (oven preheated to 375), place them on a cookie sheet sprayed with Pam and bake for 13 minutes or so...might want to watch them since all ovens are different. When they are golden brown, take them out.

They are sooo good right out of the oven!


Enjoy!


Much love and Big Hugs!
K




No comments: